Lisa was sitting on a rock in the middle of the forest behind her yellow terraced house.
There was a hole in the big rock that looked like a tiny gorge. Lisa imagined herself being really big and seeing this ‘mountain’ and gorge from above.
She squinted to imagine the trees growing on the sides of the mountain, the birds flying over it, the clouds brushing it. She imagined a line of people, tiny from her perspective, moving towards the top of the mountain together with their donkeys. The people were dressed in colourful ponchos and wore beautifully knitted hats with strings on the side.
She could see them patiently thread the tiny snake-like roads up the mountain. They did not speak but seemed happy to be ascending this imaginary mountain together.
Suddenly she felt something changing behind her and she turned from her helicopter view observation, only to stand in front of two very tall beings cloaked in white. They were a bit blurred, like a film projected on a wall. She looked up.
Lisa couldn’t think of anything to say.
– That’s a beautiful image you’re painting there high up in the Andes.
– In the what?
– The mountains. It’s lovely to visit places with your mind, don’t you think?
– What are you?
Lisa was right in between freaking out and being thrilled, she couldn’t choose how to feel.
– We are Star People. We are really good friends of yours, the Earth People. In fact, we are related.
– Are you human?
– No, we are star beings. But the humans are our family.
– Can you fly?
– We don’t exactly fly, we just travel but sort of without the vehicles you use for travelling.
– Are you angels?
– No. But they are family too. We are only stopping by today, short visit. And we have an important message for you.
Lisa leaned against the rock and held on to some moss to stay calm.
– That thing you were doing just now, when you were creating with your imagination, like travelling in your mind?
– We want to ask you to do that a lot. Those moments when you feel really good and light and limitless.
– We also want to ask you to help others do the same.
– But…everyone can do that.
– Yes they can. But they don’t. So we want to give you the very important task of helping them to remember how to do it and then help them to actually do it. Every day.
– This whole Earth-Star People-Angel family depends on it. Everything will be determined by what we can IMAGINE. TOGETHER.
Health. Peace. Nature. Climate. Science. Schools. Families. Do you understand?
– But…it’s just playing.
– Playing. With good, loving intentions. That’s what we need very very urgently. Are you in?
– You bet.
Big smile. Lisa had an important task. One that was fun too!
She started thinking about who to play with first, and before she knew it the Star People were gone.
But not really.